CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday 27 December 2008

I don't like tall buildings

I don't like buildings,
They scare me.
With their awe-inspiring heights and tizzying grandeur,
They make me want to run for safety.

When I stand on a tall tower,I know I can reach out to them clouds.
Feel their delicious softness,bask in the dappled sunlight they nestle in their midst.

But when I stand on the roads,I don't stand alone.
I see other heads ,just like mine,peering up at the unseen heights above.
With hungry eyes and bated breath,we watch the heavens crossing by.
And yet,we know,they will visit again,with stories that enchant,inspire motivate.

Yes,I like the roads more than the skyscrapers.
The familiar roughness of asphalt lends more support than the enviable smoothness of marble.
The mediocrity of dust is safer than the uncertainty of glitter.


I like the roads,because they lie at the bottom of that abyss from where you can sight the elusive sight that is a dream!!! :)

2 insights:

Comfortably Numb said...

Well written. Guess its the fast moving life. Written something similar to it. But can we help.

Cheers!!

VIDYA said...

@Comfortably numb,
Thanks for the feedback...but I feel a lil guilty about this sometimes,I mean,I say I'm not too fond of heights,but really,who wouldn't want to be on top of the world?