CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday 25 April 2010

Why I read



Spin me some fantastic tale.

Let me escape the mundane world,just for a little while.

Worry and regret claw at my door,

but don’t worry,I’ve latched it real tight for now.

If you’ve only an hour,

tell me a sweet story about a little girl in pink who gathered yellow daisies by the brook in Box Hill.

If you have two,

recite an ode or two for the braveheart who salvages storms and hungry nights while he guards a lonely border.

If you have three,

make them an eternity,

as you narrate a saga of love, light, life and death,woven mysteriously into one soft blanket,

that descends on me... swift and powerful.

For butter and bread may save our stomachs,

But 'tis the tales that will save our minds,

our souls;

And from the very depths of imagination,

ignite the sparks to create a world so magical,so arresting,

that one wishes to dwell within its realms forever.

So then,

Make it a grand tale.

Make it a story.

Make it a good one.

3 insights:

Urv said...

Nice one.. Loved it..

VIDYA said...

Thank you :) cya around @ The Pensieve

Mystique said...

like.