CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday 19 December 2006

Farewell to a friend..


FAREWELL TO A FRIEND
The king was harsh,the heat scorched my face,
It was the reign of the sun,relief was not to be faced,
the fiery truth blinded me,I couldnt see beyond,
I refused to accept the absence of a friend so fond.

Opened the latch ,with dreams of balmy air
That was so often there, but now seemed so rare.
No wind greeted my disappointed stare,
No cool blankets where i could hide my despair.

The afternoon was hot and friendless,as it was meant to be,
Zephyrous gusts, were thy once there for me?
My heart had sung with the promise of a friend.
But what had seemed like a start was really the end.

My friend wasn't one who'd crave for a shopping spree,
She wasn't one who'd jog a mile and climb a tree,
She was one who's advice i d get for free,
Fate told me today, 'There's going to be a fee".

Misery seems to have seeped in through the window sill,
Making the warm air even blazing still.
But i don't have time to regret or amend,
I have to head out to bid goodbye to a friend.


0 insights: