CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday 8 August 2009

Umm...just scroll down,will ya?



I haven't had a room of my own for years.
Dad's moved all over the country for the last eighteen years,so I've never lived in a place for too long ,my last house being the exception.
I've always lived in rented spaces.My own home,waits patiently for us,nestled away in a quiet corner,while it accommodates some unknown faces,who eventually move out,and make room for more unknown faces.
Thus,I have,every time, been granted four walls in which I can,as Dad puts it "Do whatever crap I want to"(he didn't really say that,but hello!I can read minds very well.)But that's not the same as having your own room is it?
I've always wanted a room that says "me" all over the place.My brick and mortar twin.
A sanctuary where I could listen to Norah Jones and Maroon 5 endlessly,fill the walls with nails on which could rest some happy moments,captured in sepia tones.The room would definitely be blue or pink or or a combination of both.I'd have a tall mirror with the fancy studio lights.The balcony would be constructed just the way I want it.It would face some open land,so people could stand there and look at the night sky,I mean really look at it; a view so unobstructed that it feels like all those stars are only a leap away.

There would be a secret closet tucked away under some random piece of furniture,and I'd keep valuable junk locked away in it.Nothing very interesting(to you,at least.Smirk!)Every time I sat quietly in my jhoola,memories would play inside of my head.Of good times.Silly times.Waltzing times.Awesome times.Plain times.They would have one thing in common.They'd be testaments to my relationship with my abode,my room.

It would be the room where I once daydreamed,while pretending to read History,or doodled while attempting to solve equations.
It would be the room where my friends and me first danced to Hips don't lie when it raged across the whole world.
It would be the place where Mom and me sat for hours and explored Bollywood music via Youtube...
The place that sheltered me while I watched the rain,or the birds.
The windows I looked through when people whined my name from the parking lot cum playground below.
The place that helped me nurse my first heartbreak,
the place I hid in while avoiding pesky kids and nosy guests,
the place that sang,laughed cried,celebrated,brooded and lived with me.

I'm hoping it will become a reality once Dad retires and I graduate( which is three years away and gives me a lot of time for posting sentimental rambles like this).

Thanks for listening , you guys!I feel a lot more hopeful now :)

4 insights:

aninda said...

I feel soo connected with wht u shared .. have a similar life... Touched :P

VIDYA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
VIDYA said...

Hehe!
Well ,I aim to inspire :P
Anyway,keep visiting,kindred soul! :)

Anonymous said...

I am always browsing online for posts that can benefit me. Thanks! [url=http://profvesti.ru/o-maloetazhnom-stroitelstve/115-snip-maloetazhnoye-stroitelstvo.html]информационный строительный портал[/url]