CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday 2 August 2009

Sweet child o' mine...

A combination of listening to the famous Guns and Roses track on loop,and being caught in an unexpected evening rain shower have resulted in this verse. Read on....

Another day ,another story.
Cast it aside,for it will certainly not uplift you.

Instead walk back with me to the moment when I felt like a child again.

I'd like to say it was a beautiful,breezy evening,replete with music in the background.cheerful birdcalls,laughing , happy and shiny people.
It wasn't.Nuh-uh.
It was a hot,irritating evening,and it included a broken down bus , a lost wallet,a sudden downpour and some sheets of meticulously written homework being turned into trash.

Why then ,do I attempt to record in rhyme that evening?
Yes,because that evening had one sparkling,endearing moment when I felt like a child again.


As I trudged down a muddy road,I looked around to check if anyone was watching,and proceeded to descend into a gloriously muddy puddle.
The leap was intentional.The slip wasn't.That made it even more enjoyable.


Around me,wisps of pristine white floated down to the ground.
Yes,you are quite right.It does not snow in the plains of India.


They weren't snowflakes,they were sheets of algebra,which did not make sense
(anymore ?).


I almost frowned,but something stopped me.The sight of the freshly prepared butta,or rather,its divine scent.

I rushed forward,scrounging in my slingback for my moth eaten wallet all the while.Sadly, my fingers did not encounter the familiar feel of shredded denim.

With no money came no care,and I playfully grabbed a freshly done butta,bit into it with enormous self righteousness and ran,yelling "Kal paise le lena ,dada!"

I must have looked a sight,muddy,unexplainedly gleeful,clutching soggy sheets of paper,with a little corn in my bushy locks.There is no other explanation for the way the neighbour looked at me.

However,I met her alarmed pair of eyes with a smile,and a song rose to my lips.

"She's got a smile that it seems to me
Reminds me of childhood memories
Where everything Was as fresh as the bright blue sky
Now and then when I see her face
She takes me away to that special place
And if I'd stare too long
I'd probably break down and cry
Sweet child o' mine
Sweet love of mine..."

2 insights:

Misty Rhythm said...

1stly...ty so much for dropping into my blog...coz if u hadn't, i might not have had chanced upon yours! n i'm soo glad i did :)...u have a lovely space here!

love the song...loved the post! it just helped paint such a free spirited picture :)

keep writing :) cheers!

VIDYA said...

I'm glad you like The Pensieve!
Thank you for stopping by and keep coming!:)
Cheers!And a toast to music and self delusion...coz they're the best! :D